Friday 23 November 2012

Christmas Cards...

Wow, I've really outdone myself with that title haven't I??

Yup i'm back again, so much to share with you, seeing as i have been so very slack with the blog posts lately.

Last night wasreveal night over at the Scraptherapy Forum.  I made some Christmas Cards this week and i'd love to share them with you:
In the last week or so there has been some awesome new products arrive in store. Some of these have been some great new Sizzix Tim Holtz Dies. I have used a few of these to make my christmas cards this week.



The new Tattered Poinsettia is so easy to use, and I think will quickly become a favourite of mine. To make the one on my card this what what I did: I die cut the pieces twice out of manilla coloured cardstock and inked them with Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



Once the ink was dry I gave them a quick swipe with Picket Fence Distress Stain to soften the colours a little and give them some texture.


I then layered and arranged them on top of each other until I was happy with how they looked. I used both doubled sided tape, and a few pieces foam tape to stick them.

The last step was to mist them lightly with Perfect Pearls in Heirloom Gold.


I added a little bit of subtle sparkle by adding a little Rock Candy Dry Glitter.



 Then just added it to my card and embellished it. For my card base I've actually used a district market card..

Here are the Products Used:
Tattered Poinsettia Die
Mini Cardinal and Mini Poinsettia Die
Vintage Lace Die
Mini Snowflake Die
Peeled Paint Ink
Vintage Photo Ink
Picket Fence Distress Stain
Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your poinsetta's are great! The Picket Fence is a great idea & you can't go wrong w/Perfect Pearl mists.

    ReplyDelete